No administration fee is charged if any of the following apply:
- You have at least $25,000 in assets as of the last business day of each calendar quarter. (Assets are based on the combined total in all accounts within the same client ID. As well, please advise us if you share a household with another Qtrade Investor client, because the combined total of accounts with the same address can qualify for the fee waiver.)
- You've completed at least 2 commission-generating equity or option trades during the immediately preceding calendar quarter
- You've completed at least 8 commission-generating equity or option trades during the immediately preceding 12 months
- You are 18-30 years of age and add $50 or more each month to your account by automatic pre-authorized contribution
- You have been a client of Qtrade Investor for less than one calendar quarter
Otherwise, a $25 quarterly administration fee is charged for each client ID. A client ID can consist of one or more account types including cash and margin along with TFSA and other registered accounts.
A quarterly fee is charged for U.S. dollar registered accounts, and an annual fee is charged for formal trust accounts. For details, see our Commission and Fee Schedule.
For a detailed list of all our fees and commissions, please refer to our Commission and Fee Schedule.
Yes, both Canadian and U.S. DRIPS are offered free of charge.
Log in to your account, go to Accounts → Service Centre → Dividend Reinvestment. For each of your accounts, you will see a list of DRIP-eligible securities. For any security in the list, select "Active" to enroll it in the DRIP program. Read and agree to the terms, and save your changes.